Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Honey Stinger Protein Bar Review

Check it out: http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/Honey-Stinger-Protein-Bar-15-Pack/HON0010M.html

Personally, I'm always searching for ways to optimize my training as well as nutrition. The Honey Stinger Protein bars have helped to fill a void in my nutrition 'arsenal'. After years of eating energy bars on and off the bike, these bars provide a tasty, healthy alternative as they are sweetened with honey and have a lower glycemic index than bars with less protein and fat. These are my new pre-race meal (usually with a banana) about 3 hours before a long ride. I used this formula without fail for every long ride or race I completed last year and eliminated the GI issues that seemed to accompany other options. Now with the new smaller size, I have a great option for a snack in the afternoon or a pre-ride meal when I want to keep my blood sugar stable (devastatingly tasty with a cup of coffee!) . Even my picky wife has now made these her choice over Clif's Mojo bars. An added bonus, for my fellow Primal eaters is that they do not contain grains.

True story: I actually ate one of these DURING my son's delivery. My wife asked, "did you just eat something with peanut butter" . . . why yes I did!

Enjoy!

No comments: