Thursday, February 12, 2009

Does it get any better than this?


So I'm back from Boulder . . . aahhh. What a great time. First on tap during the weekend was a long mountain bike ride with my boy Rob on Saturday - we hit a lot of the local trails in Boulder and, as we always do, had an absolute blast! Rob really made me remember what riding is about - he just loves to get out and ride his bike! At one point after an especially sweet stretch of singletrack we asked each other, 'does it get any better than this?' The truth is, it really doesn't! Getting out with friends or family, enjoying nature, and having fun. That's what life is about!

In addition to Saturday's hammerfest on the trails, I had brunch and massage with my wife in Boulder on Sunday, snowboarding in Breckenridge on Monday, and a long hike Tuesday - plus lots of good food and beer. Now that's a vacation! We also spent a lot of time with Mel and Rob's kids. It made me really think about what is important in life. I hope you all have been enjoying the winter and have taken the down time to take stock and truly think about what you want out of this season, this year, and your life.

Enjoy every day!

No comments: