Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sharpening the Razor: Equipment Edition

So, after breaking my front derailleur in the road race last year, I'm taking no chances on equipment this year. In the last 2 weeks I've installed: new cables, new chain, new cassette, new wheels, new rear derr, new bar tape, new saddle, new pedals, new shoes, everything tightened to specs, and full bike with powermeter = 15.25lbs - perfect. If I put my 'climbing' wheels on - it's right at the UCI limit of 14.99! Here's a picture of my bike ready to race next week:












Specs:
Frame: Trek Madone 6.9
Wheels: Industry Nine ID
Crankset: Bontrager/SRAM S900 Quarq (Garmin 705 head unit)
Components: SRAM Red
Handlebar/stem: Trek XXX lite & Blade
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Carbon
Pedals: Shimano Dura Ace
Tires: Hutchinson Tubulars

Thank you to our sponsors that made this sweet bike possible! Trek, Industry Nine, Hutchinson

No comments: